Talk

Advanced search

Mister Marble for worktops

(33 Posts)
LilaGrace Wed 02-Aug-17 16:35:23

Has anyone used Mister Marble for quartz,granite or marble worktops? They're a much cheaper way to source these products than going through my kitchen showroom bit I'd really like to hear from someone who has used them. Thanks

LilaGrace Wed 02-Aug-17 20:50:47

Anyone...?

HomeExtender Wed 02-Aug-17 21:32:45

Sorry, haven't used them personally but our builder recommends them. Hope someone else can give a personal review.

LilaGrace Wed 02-Aug-17 21:45:05

Thanks- that's reassuring!

tringo40 Sat 05-Aug-17 13:52:57

Don't use this company !! I bought quartzstone from them about 8 years ago and it's not the real thing. It got marked and stained very easily. We took them to court over it. Steer clear.

LilaGrace Sat 05-Aug-17 14:55:49

Tringo- really?! What was it if it wasn't real quartz? What was the outcome of the court case? I wonder how they've managed to continue trading if they were selling something that wasn't what it was supposed to be?

MILdesperandum Wed 01-Nov-17 20:27:20

LilaGrace did you find a company in the end? I've had a few quotes for our kitchen (2.5*3.5m L shape plus island) but Mr Marble is about 1K cheaper so very tempting! The brand of quartz they've quoted for is not one of the better known ones... I've requested samples

78Indigo Wed 01-Nov-17 20:38:10

Where are you located? I know of, and can highly recommend, a very good reliable company for granite and marble worktops. Prices are very competitive too

MILdesperandum Wed 01-Nov-17 20:41:15

Kent - yes please if they are close! Do you (or anyone else) know if it is worth paying more for "name"brands of quartz e.g. silestone, caesarstone etc. or are they all the same thing with better advertising!!

LilaGrace Wed 01-Nov-17 21:08:30

My kitchen is being installed in the next few weeks and I think I’m going to go with Mr Marble. I had another quote which was similar but visited the Mr Marble showroom over the summer and liked them. They don’t do branded worktops which is fine with me- the main difference between the branded ones and the others is that the branded ones come in a much wider range of colours. I’m having pure white so makes no difference! Worktop is around £3k with Mr Marble and almost £6k with kitchen company 😮

LilaGrace Wed 01-Nov-17 21:09:07

78- are you talking about Alpha Marble and Granite?

78Indigo Wed 01-Nov-17 21:25:19

No, none of those companies. A company who covers most of the UK, but is actually booked up for the next 4 to 5 weeks though, unfortunately.

MILdesperandum Thu 02-Nov-17 14:18:50

Thanks for the replies. I've got a sample from mistermarble and am currently soaking tea in to it! I'm also going to test lemon juice, wine and tomato... Also going for a plain white and won't be ordering for another month so Lila let me know what you think of yours!

Move2yorkshire Thu 02-Nov-17 15:32:31

We have just this week has Quartz from mister marble installed. I am happy with the result and pleased with the price as its only a house we intend to stay in for 18 months or so. It doesn't look like a cheaper version

MILdesperandum Thu 02-Nov-17 16:22:25

Thank you Movet2 that is good to know!

Sunnyshores Thu 02-Nov-17 19:34:35

Ive used them in 2 different properties (8 years ago and 2 years ago). I brought the Absolute black and black pearl. Im no expert, but it looked like the genuine article and there were no problems with aftercare or use. They were really helpful by email and the fitters were amazing.

LilaGrace Fri 03-Nov-17 09:10:09

Sunnyshores- that’s helpful. I think we spoke to the Neptune kitchens thread didn’t we- i took the idea of mr Marble from you I think 🙂

LilaGrace Fri 03-Nov-17 09:10:44

MIL- let me know how your experiment goes. I’m not ordering fro a month or so either....

Sunnyshores Fri 03-Nov-17 10:17:16

Lila - what kitchen did you go for, we've just moved again and I need to start looking.

MILdesperandum Fri 03-Nov-17 12:24:17

Tea came out fine, will need to open the wine tonight for testing purposes only wink. I also tried black marker pen (envisaging the kids doing crafts up at the island). It didn't come out. I know that's quite extreme but its making me think... Obviously I won't let them use pens etc. on there but we all know accidents happen. It came out of the corian with a bit of cif cleaner so just when I thought I'd discounted corian it seems to be back in!

Bluntness100 Fri 03-Nov-17 12:27:46

I know that's quite extreme but its making me think

I don’t think that’s extreme at all, it’s not practical to ban marker pens, and accidents happen. Honestly that would make me say no.

MILdesperandum Fri 03-Nov-17 12:48:55

Its certainly making me think! I couldn't get the marker out of the silestone sample I have either (it gone quite faint but still there, I've got bleach on it now).

MILdesperandum Fri 03-Nov-17 14:49:07

Quick update - bleach has removed the marker pen from both quartz samples (Mr Marble's and silestone) phew!

LilaGrace Fri 03-Nov-17 15:13:25

MIL- thanks for this! I’m really grateful you’re doing all these experiments!

LilaGrace Fri 03-Nov-17 15:14:42

Sunnyshores- we went for Neptune Chichester. The kitchen designer has actually just left- she was measuring the site now that the build is almost finished. So exciting!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: