Talk

Advanced search

Show me your splash back! White painted Kitchen with oak worktops needs an overhaul.

(5 Posts)
FirstSnowfall Tue 11-Jul-17 11:15:11

I've just inherited a kitchen. It has white painted shaker style doors and oak effect laminate worktops. L shaped, big window at the back of the room over the sink. Quite nice and light.
It currently has a very dated splashback, I've enquired with a professional painting company about having the tiles painted.
They are about 4" square, in stardard, lined up formation.
So a good paint job could be all that is needed to bring them bang up to date without spending a fortune.
I can't afford to replace anything right now.

I need ideas.
Walls are currently neutral. Blind is inherited too so can be changed. Back door is white. Floor tiles are ivory/very light stone coloured.

The whole thing screams BORING.

FirstSnowfall Tue 11-Jul-17 19:04:22

Anyone?
Has anyone any advice or experience of painted tiles and how well they wear / how long the finish lasts? I'm aware it may need redoing within a certain time frame.

PocketNiffler Tue 11-Jul-17 19:06:10

Do you have any pictures?

MrBennOfFestiveRoad Tue 11-Jul-17 19:21:26

Tile stickers are another possible alternative to painting. Ours look really good.

silkpyjamasallday Tue 11-Jul-17 19:24:16

You could maybe get a stone/marble effect contact paper, one lady used it on the interior design challenge on the BBC a while back. I'm sure you can get contact paper in other styles though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now