Talk

Advanced search

Sliding aluminium doors

(18 Posts)
Crumbelina Thu 06-Jul-17 21:53:37

Has anyone had any fitted recently/have any recommendations?

I went to Grand Designs with the intention of buying some nice £5k bifolds and saw the slimline sliding doors that cost double that figure - sigh ... Now I've seen them I can't unsee them, IYSWIM.

We've got quotes from companies such as ODC and IDSystems which have come in around £10k and my preference is to go with a bigger company given that it's such a huge amount of money, they're well established etc., come with a guarantee, are less likely to go out of business.

The other companies on my shortlist are less well known but I'm guessing they won't come out much cheaper. Companies such as Culmax, Cantifix, Sunvista, Fineline Aluminium, Slimline Aluminium, Panoramic Doors, Sky Glaze ... so many!

AalyaSecura Thu 06-Jul-17 22:09:14

We went with Reynaers, also looked at Schuco, and Reynaers seemed v similar quality but a fair bit cheaper. Still a lot though!

Crumbelina Thu 06-Jul-17 22:24:29

Oh interesting, thanks! I'd ruled out Reynaers as I didn't think the frames were thin enough, but I've just Googled again and discovered their 'Hi-finity' range. I bet they'll cost a packet but I've heard very good things about Reynaers ...

johnd2 Fri 07-Jul-17 00:16:02

Try Velfac, we did and they're very good and triple glazed for the same pricve as double.
We got a 4 pane, goes fixed, slider, fixed, swing.

DustOffYourHighestHopes Fri 07-Jul-17 13:51:30

Don't use Slimine, feel free to pm me for more details.

Crumbelina Fri 07-Jul-17 14:41:32

Thanks both! Dustoff, I've remembered your post on a recent thread about Slimline. I'll cross them off the list for quotes!

DustOffYourHighestHopes Fri 07-Jul-17 19:44:43

Sorry to be vague. I hugely regret not going for a (slightly) more expensive quote from a large company like IQ or ID. My issues with slimline are not specific to my product order, I believe they would apply to any customer (particularly of a large order).

nick4692 Sat 08-Jul-17 07:33:12

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Crumbelina Sat 08-Jul-17 11:46:01

Oh thank you, Nick, that's much appreciated! I've had a good look at your website which has been really helpful and your posts on other threads on MN.

The new Origin ones sounds very interesting, especially the competitive price bit! Unfortunately I think we might have to order soon as our Timber Frame is going up in early September with the brickwork following soon after. I'll get it touch with you via the website - some advice and recommendations would be really helpful. Apart from the big companies any others I Google for reviews either come up with nothing or words of warning.

MrsBakedBean Sat 08-Jul-17 13:53:55

We used Kloeber (German design) and have triple glazing. Very pleased with it and great insulation accoustically and thermally.

throughthewindow Wed 26-Jul-17 12:23:54

nick4692 Thu 27-Jul-17 07:26:13

Crumbelina Fri 28-Jul-17 09:01:38

Thanks both! Currently waiting for the Timber Frame company to get back to us to confirm the maximum door size we can have. Nick, I caught your message before it was deleted (not sure why) but you've given me some good recommendations which I'll follow up. Thanks also for the contact, Through. Glad to hear that the new slimline Origin door look great in real life!

Neolara Fri 28-Jul-17 22:20:44

We have ID system doors - a bifold, a 2 panel slider and a 3 panel slider. All great. We considered Kloeber but they didn't have a 3 panel slider..

60evans Sat 09-Sep-17 12:40:11

Hi, I've read a couple of posts that mention Panoramic Doors but none that have actually had hem installed. Does anyone have any experience with them? We are looking to get them to install the slide and stack doors but the Terms and Conditions don't sound very customer friendly. Any thoughts?

theweeknd Wed 11-Oct-17 23:14:22

I'd also be interested if anyone went with Panoramic Doors? I saw them at the HBR show.

guilty100 Thu 12-Oct-17 11:48:07

I'm using Smart Systems, manufactured by a local company. They've been great so far and much cheaper than many others.

deebee1901 Thu 26-Oct-17 21:31:43

Hi theweeknd.

I've added a message about Panoramic Doors on another post. Happy to discuss my experience if I can be of help. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now