Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do suppliers give discounts?

(4 Posts)
Crumbelina Mon 03-Jul-17 17:10:32

We're currently in the middle of a kitchen extension, which we're project managing ourselves and some of the quotes we've received are knocking our socks off!

To be fair, this is for things like external sliding doors, polished concrete floors and kitchen units - we could compromise and go for cheaper options. Does anyone know what my chances are if I go back and ask for a discount? Do you negotiate with suppliers or am I likely to encounter flat refusals? I'd be grateful for a small discount - 10% or 5% as I know people have to make a living. It won't be for most things - I'm not going to ask John Lewis for money off a fridge. 😊

Any thoughts/experiences gratefully received!

Sarahsea1 Mon 03-Jul-17 18:31:28

Always ask for a discount - obviously frame it politely 'Love your xxxx, but struggling with the budget..'. or ask if there's a way to allow them to discount (payment in advance etc). Most suppliers factor this into their quotes. Check if they offer a price match guarantee, too, then Google is your friend (works for appliances, mainly). But please do ask - worst that can happen is they say no - they won't take offence.

Crumbelina Mon 03-Jul-17 21:08:42

Thank you, Sarah! That's exactly the way I was planning to ask and you're right - they can only say no. smile

TreesAreLeafy Tue 04-Jul-17 07:05:11

You can negotiate with JL I git money off a sofa one time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now