Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lease/freehold purchase extension...

(3 Posts)
mum22boys83 Sun 02-Jul-17 22:14:04

Hi all! Well my house has a low lease! After my dad past all paperwork was put in folder, after finding it I've found the lease is 61 years! I'm wanting to extend or purchase lease/freehold ( leasehold is still a popular option around here 90 % are still leasehold ) or fact find at least to get ready for house sale.
Can I just write to the 'landlord' or estate as they say here and ask politely first how much would extension or freehold cost. I don't want to instruct a solicitor until I know what I'm doing.

Sorry it's all new to me this completely overwhelming potentially selling the home I grew up in ( I'm going bigger with my Mum & DC ) and not having a clue what I'm doing on top ( my 1st house sale ) isn't helping either!
Trying to take the weight of mums shoulders !
TIA
Thank you all

SnowBallsAreHere Sun 02-Jul-17 22:17:29

www.lease-advice.org/advice/find-the-right-information-for-you/?step-option=62 leasehold advisory service are very helpful and can talk you through how to request a lease extension.

mum22boys83 Sun 02-Jul-17 22:20:40

Thank you !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now