Talk

Advanced search

selling a flat in August?

(5 Posts)
AntiHop Sat 01-Jul-17 21:18:17

Will it be pointless to put our flat on the market in August? It's unlikely to appeal to families. Most likely a single person or couples. Is it just families who tend not to house hunt in August?

monsieurpoirot Sat 01-Jul-17 21:45:01

Even single people go on holiday in august!

TulipsinSpring444 Sun 02-Jul-17 00:21:28

My advice is to sell your flat as quickly as possible, we are in London but finding the market is getting worse by the month

AntiHop Mon 03-Jul-17 14:39:36

tulip the market seems to be alive and well in the area we live in now and the area we are moving to, both in London.

monsieur I am aware all sorts of people go away in August. But would that stop them from house hunting? The pressure of the school holidays means that people with school age kids are less likely to house hunt in the holidays. But I was assuming that is not the case for people without kids or kids who are not at school?

PianoThirty Mon 03-Jul-17 14:52:36

We house-hunted in August, pre-DC. We had taken our summer holiday in late June / early July, so by the time August came around it never even occured to us that there might be anything strange about it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: