Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

House listed as sold for one price but land registry says lower price

(11 Posts)
drummergirl34 Wed 28-Jun-17 20:37:43

Looking at a house which was sold a few years ago, when I asked EA gave a reason that the man who bought it moved in with his family - though he has at least two children so bit doubtful about that!

Still, the archived listing on zoopla say it sold for 46k, but the value in the land registry says 42k - is this price difference normal? Is there any gain to be had by declaring a lower price in the land registry?

4yoniD Wed 28-Jun-17 20:49:20

Not English but where I am there are 2 prices - the price you pay is higher, the lower price is the cost of the house minus fixtures and fittings.

drummergirl34 Wed 28-Jun-17 21:02:15

I guess the obvious answer is what's on zoopla isn't the price that was paid!

/endthread!

TreesAreLeafy Wed 28-Jun-17 21:05:58

The a chived listing is probably the listed price and what it sold for was less

MissCardew Thu 29-Jun-17 18:34:21

My house is like this, land registry have it listed at a lower price than we bought it for. We were gazumped at the last minute and ended up paying more but our solicitor put the original offer on all the paperwork submitted to the LR hmm

GU24Mum Thu 29-Jun-17 22:57:53

MissCardew - that sounds, wrong, sorry! The price you agree at exchange is the price that should be on the transfer which is the doc your solicitor sends to the Land Registry to register the purchase (and uses to calculate the SDLT). The only tweak is that if you're buying something and you agree a separate price with the seller for contents, that is recorded slighty separately on the contract and the price without contents is used on the transfer, for SDLT and for the Land Registry.

SwedishEdith Fri 30-Jun-17 00:05:15

Mine's like this. Contract and mortgage arranged and agreed but price reduction in last few days. Trying to remember how that was accounted for now but paperwork wasn't changed.

BlackStars Fri 30-Jun-17 00:19:06

£46K how many years ago was this cos you couldn't even buy a shed for that round here now!

PickAChew Fri 30-Jun-17 00:21:57

The sold price listings are supposed to come from the land registry!

Blackstars, you can still buy houses in Co Durham for £46K! Not particularly bad ones, either.

drummergirl34 Fri 30-Jun-17 19:07:26

(and the houses in co Durham are HUGE!)

shinershiny Fri 30-Jun-17 20:34:25

I don't know if Zoopla et al actually update to the actual sold price ever, or if it is just archived with the asking price? House I'm currently buying I was gazumped on and now paying in excess of asking but still listed at original asking price.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now