Freshly brewed coffee, flowers and a stunt pineapple

(7 Posts)
soundsystem Sun 25-Jun-17 09:29:58

What else will help our viewing go well? grin

JohnLapsleyParlabane Sun 25-Jun-17 09:32:21

Clean bathrooms.
No pets.
No squeaky door hinges.
Enough space in cupboards and on shelves so that buyers can think 'so much storage they have spare space'.

StripyBlanket Sun 25-Jun-17 11:07:27

Are you doing the viewing? If so make sure you tailor your "chat" to suit the viewers. Sounds obvious but I didn't think about it until I'd done a few. So single woman talk about the quiet and good security. Couple with baby - the school and families. But don't overdo it! I also sent the rest of the family out so the house didn't seem full.

soundsystem Sun 25-Jun-17 12:01:51

Great idea about cupboards, will do that!

stripy No, the agent is doing them - an open house type thing so we'll all go out. I'm sending DH out without the children an hour before so I can have a last tidy round!

Equimum Sun 25-Jun-17 13:37:34

Clean and as decluttered as possible. We hired a storage unit and deposited the boy toys, a couple of pieces of furniture etc. It made a huge difference.

millifiori Sun 25-Jun-17 13:46:46

Very clean bathroom and kitchen. Very sparkly windows and floors. Maybe stick a waffle in the toaster for a few seconds before they come. Whole house smells of warm, vanilla loveliness.

fabulousathome Sun 25-Jun-17 14:34:15

We just tidied up a lot and hid a few things. Obviously make the front look good. Sometimes people drive to see the front of the house before they decide to view.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now