Talk

Advanced search

Clever closet or something else: understairs storage

(18 Posts)
didireallysaythat Fri 23-Jun-17 13:45:24

Dear MN

clevercloset.co.uk/

If you've had understairs drawers and cupboards put in by Clever Closet I'd really appreciate your review - good, bad, which set did you get etc ?

Similarly if you've used a different company and had a good/bad experience, I'd like your thoughts....

Drowning in shoes, coats, bags....

Thank you

Lookit Tue 26-Sep-17 13:35:06

Hi,
I am in the same dilemma as didireallysaythat. I have got a quote from Clever Closet for under-stair storage unit and want to get reviews on their work, authenticity etc. Has anyone dealt with them?

Any other supplier suggestion with good reviews welcome. The pictures of the storage product they are offering are attached.

Thanks,
NZ

andywhy Fri 29-Sep-17 20:00:03

A local joiner would be far cheaper!

didireallysaythat Fri 29-Sep-17 21:18:39

I went with them. My carpenter said he couldn't do it for that price. The guy who fitted them said he couldn't do it for that price (all the fixtures are hafele). Happy.

fluttershyby Sat 30-Sep-17 06:20:10

Interested in how much you paid.

Murtz Tue 10-Oct-17 15:12:43

Hi
Any updates from anyone with experience of clever closet company. Not found anything on trust pilot etc, be grateful for any feedback.

guilty100 Tue 10-Oct-17 16:08:05

Has anyone actually used these guys? Several of the posts on here smell suspiciously spammish.

guilty100 Tue 10-Oct-17 16:09:38

Oopps, posted too soon - meant to say, their stuff does look really good and I'd definitely be interested if someone can assure me they are for real! smile

Murtz Tue 10-Oct-17 18:20:19

Hi guilty 100
Like you I've got a quote which was reduced immediately if I agreed to go ahead today, at this point alarm bells starting ringing. I've not found anything on Trust pilot or any other reviews hence asking here.

Sweetnessishere Tue 10-Oct-17 18:25:28

This isn't just what I need too, but I'm not sold by their website.

didireallysaythat Tue 10-Oct-17 22:22:27

Yeah I didn't like their sales pitch but it was via email so I could ignore it. If our carpenter hadn't seen an installation and said he thought it was good I don't think I would have contacted them. I'm not going to wax lyrical about them but it was straight forward and the drawers are what we wanted.

Lookit Wed 11-Oct-17 08:57:22

@didireallysaythat, any chance you can share the work they did for you and how much they charged? Thanks

guilty100 Wed 11-Oct-17 09:00:53

Ah, that's good to know didIreally - apologies, I know you are a long-term poster, so I should have trusted your word!

I am highly tempted to go with them - I need a cupboard and one drawer, and I think it would make my understairs space way more usable. I had a look at the fitting instructions and I reckon I could do it myself.

FritzyMousey Wed 11-Oct-17 12:47:40

I had a quote for £2000 for 2 drawer units from another company, so not even as big an area as the pics above! Going to try and get a quote from these guys now thanks.

NamedyChangedy Wed 11-Oct-17 17:48:43

Not Clever Closets but I can definitely vouch for a company called Avar furniture in North London who do a similar thing - under stairs pull-out cupboards. Got them done about 5 years ago and they still work brilliantly. We had ours unpainted to save a bit of money (I'm not going to pretend DP's paintwork is the smoothest but at least the cupboards are well built!)

http://www.avarfurniture.co.uk/understairs-storage

didireallysaythat Wed 11-Oct-17 21:03:36

The.picture isn't exciting as it looks just like the adverts - 6 drawers, one cupboard, £1150 (I think). Obviously 3 drawers, one or two cupboards was cheaper but this way we get a drawer each for school bags, coats, shoes and two drawers for more shoes.

PigletJohn Wed 11-Oct-17 21:28:59

if you know what pan-drawers and trolley-wheels cost, you might wonder at prices in the thousands.

I am more keen on the roll-out trolleys that stand on the floor, than the drawers designed to fix to cabinet sides.

drawer kits

trolley wheels

didireallysaythat Wed 11-Oct-17 21:38:08

Having bought a few hafele hinges and runners, I'm sure the hardware is a fair chunk of £. But at the end of it I'm immensely lazy (it was towards the end of a year of building work) and was attracted by the easy process: give them 3 dimensions, agree on what you want and the fitter will cut it all to fit in half a day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now