Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Company called 'Tenant Shop'

(2 Posts)
Monkeyface26 Wed 21-Jun-17 21:53:21

We are about to rent & will be tenants for the first time in 15 years. We are also going to rent our home out - making me a landlord for the first time ever.

I asked who currently supplies services to our new home & the agent handling the tenancy of the house we will be renting has told me that we will be 'set up with a company called Tenant Shop and that they will help us to get the best deals. I assume that I am not obliged to use their services- although their website does not actually make that clear.
Does anyone have any experience of them, either from a tenant or landlord point of view?

specialsubject Wed 21-Jun-17 22:09:15

Up to you, but I got offered a similar idea with an energy company from my letting agent (I'm a landlord). It got crossed out of the contract. Your agent is directed to do this for the commission.

Tenants that pay the utility bills get to choose the supplier. Run your own comparisons, choose your own suppliers. This is inertia selling - why would they give you a good deal?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now