Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mortgage advice

(8 Posts)
JustMuddlingOn Wed 14-Jun-17 13:03:26

Were moving areas 200miles away nearer my family and where I grew up and in the process will be buying out first house (shared ownership)

We have a mortgage app next week.just to see what sort of thing we can expect to get but obviously will both be starting new jobs due to the move.

Will we be able to get a mortgage or will we have to wait until probation etc is over?

Should we try to get a mortgage on current jobs then they wont care after as long as we pay but would mean we would have to get jobs sharpish (shouldn't be too hard)
Would they query the area were buying in and not allow this?

Should we give in and rent for 6months and then look to buy however the problem here is the main reason for moving.is.mich lower house prices so of we cant secure a mortgage im not sire if we would both..

Should we just be honest and see what they say? I have been working part time since coming back after mat leave but when we move will be full time so will they be able to give us a projected figure based on this and credit ratings etc or probably not?

Its a minefield, I have no idea where to start so any help or experience would be great! smile

(Sorry about the disorganised brain fart.)

JustMuddlingOn Wed 14-Jun-17 15:06:06

So many typos! confused

JustMuddlingOn Wed 14-Jun-17 20:43:00

Anyone got any nuggets of wisdom?

Brickswithstones Wed 14-Jun-17 21:02:05

Hi OP,
Just bumping for you as I don't have the answers .
Have you tried going through a broker ? That's what we did .

PieceOfTheMoon Wed 14-Jun-17 21:04:50

Different lenders will have different criteria, but a broker will be able to help you navigate this.

JustMuddlingOn Wed 14-Jun-17 22:07:02

Would one go straight to a broker or should I keep the appt with the bank to get an idea first?

StephanieAteMyLunch Wed 14-Jun-17 22:54:11

The bank, I believe, will only offer advice on their own products whereas a broker will be able to look at the whole of the market.

We have always used London and Country as they were and still are recommended by Money Saving Expert. They do not charge a fee, so I would call them and get their advice.

lucy1312 Thu 15-Jun-17 10:12:49

Hi, I would definitely talk to a mortgage broker over the bank from my experience, they are much more helpful. I can send you details of who I used last year (they were great smile) if that would help or go on local recommendation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now