Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you postpone putting your house on the market now if you could?

(7 Posts)
soundsystem Mon 12-Jun-17 19:16:36

Just that, really. We scheduled our house to go on after the election (open house in early July, online 10 days before). Given the election result, I'm wondering whether we bump it until after the Summer and hope things settle down a bit?

We don't need to move right now, but we will in the next couple of years. The plan was to do it now before the full Brexit effect kicked it. It seems like there isn't going to be an ideal time.

We're in a trendy-ish part of East London where the market is still fairly buoyant, though nothing like when we bought 3 years ago (this is a good thing!). Our house is pretty saleable (in that it's the type of house that's most popular in our area, in pretty good condition), but I feel like a lot of buyers will be nervous and holding off. There's also not much coming on in the area we're looking to move to (although what does come on is snapped up immediately, usually for well over asking price!).

Help!

wowfudge Mon 12-Jun-17 19:25:01

Just get it on the market - if it doesn't go as you want you can take it off and try again later. Interest rates are about the lowest they will ever be. Actually leaving the EU is likely to affect the whole economy - why wait?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 12-Jun-17 19:26:25

No,I've just sold and got full asking price.

soundsystem Mon 12-Jun-17 19:43:50

Thanks! I think I just to stop dithering (and I'm really not normally a dithered!)

*DameDiazepam, where-ish are you, if you don't mind me asking?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 13-Jun-17 07:17:42

Have PM'd you smile

Rinkydinkypink Tue 13-Jun-17 07:27:26

It makes little difference imo. It'll only sell well if priced properly in comparison to other houses in your area anyway. It's going to make very little difference!

LarrytheCucumber Tue 13-Jun-17 07:31:12

Test the market. It is variable throughout the country. Here there is lots of new building and it seems to be having a positive effect on the market in the rest of the town.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now