Talk

Advanced search

How much to paint a large hallway?

(4 Posts)
Eatingcheeseontoast Mon 12-Jun-17 13:31:02

3 storey house, high ceilings. This kind of thing but unfortunately not as nice as this!

We'd do it ourselves - but it's so high and I really can't face glossing the spindles.

BubblesBuddy Mon 12-Jun-17 20:05:45

Errr!!! Never use gloss!!! Use interior eggshell for wood. Much better product. Depends where you live regarding the price. £2000 possibly if it is high and huge and tricky!

wonkylegs Mon 12-Jun-17 20:20:02

I disagree gloss has its place, so depending on the style, paint & colour scheme it can still be the right paint although I know some people aren't fans. (I do this for a living and people like what I do and recommend me so I'm not plucking it out of thin air)

We had a hall just like that in our old house and had it redecorated just before we sold it, we had ours lined & painted
The spindles weren't the killer it was the doors - bloody 16 of them all panelled with fancy architrave. I can't remember exactly how much it was but it was around £1500 all in using Dulux paint & a dulux decorator.

Eatingcheeseontoast Mon 12-Jun-17 21:11:46

Not wedded to gloss. It's not particularly tricky or detailed, just a lot of it! Thank you both. I'm thinking probably £1800. It doesn't need lined. There's only 7doors and 2 cupboards.

The porch has just been done in gloss (by FIL) which makes me wonder if it all has to be gloss now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: