Talk

Advanced search

wallpaper question

(4 Posts)
B1rdonawire Mon 12-Jun-17 12:30:56

This may well be a daft question. I wallpaper-ed for the first time last weekend, was a tad harder than anticipated but in the end I triumphed thanks to adding a spirit level into proceedings to add to the plumb line (paper had a strong horizontal pattern in it). I have some leftover wallpaper that I would like to use in the back of a wooden bookcase. What glue would you use to stick it on? Options in the cupboard include strong spray glue, or PVA. I don't have any more wallpaper paste but am prepared to be told it has to be that. What would work best? All advice very much appreciated!

wowfudge Mon 12-Jun-17 21:56:48

I'd use wallpaper paste because neither of the other two will allow you to position the paper and smooth out any bubbles in the same.

B1rdonawire Tue 13-Jun-17 13:38:25

Hmm, good point!

Lucisky Tue 13-Jun-17 14:47:37

Well, a pack of wallpaper paste isn't very expensive, but you can buy tubs of border adhesive which you just paint on to the paper. I wallpapered the back of a dresser using this method.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: