Advanced search

wallpaper question

(4 Posts)
B1rdonawire Mon 12-Jun-17 12:30:56

This may well be a daft question. I wallpaper-ed for the first time last weekend, was a tad harder than anticipated but in the end I triumphed thanks to adding a spirit level into proceedings to add to the plumb line (paper had a strong horizontal pattern in it). I have some leftover wallpaper that I would like to use in the back of a wooden bookcase. What glue would you use to stick it on? Options in the cupboard include strong spray glue, or PVA. I don't have any more wallpaper paste but am prepared to be told it has to be that. What would work best? All advice very much appreciated!

wowfudge Mon 12-Jun-17 21:56:48

I'd use wallpaper paste because neither of the other two will allow you to position the paper and smooth out any bubbles in the same.

B1rdonawire Tue 13-Jun-17 13:38:25

Hmm, good point!

Lucisky Tue 13-Jun-17 14:47:37

Well, a pack of wallpaper paste isn't very expensive, but you can buy tubs of border adhesive which you just paint on to the paper. I wallpapered the back of a dresser using this method.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now