Talk

Advanced search

Ariston boilers - any thoughts?

(5 Posts)
eastwest Sat 10-Jun-17 10:25:32

We've been given a list of boiler we could pick, including a Worcester Bosch (most expensive) and an Ariston (least). Fitter's opinion is that W-B are good but not as good as previously, and that Ariston are not that bad. Ariston come with a 12 year warranty. W-B with 5. Anyone had either of these and have an opinion?

Dadsussex Sat 10-Jun-17 13:59:22

I had an Ariston boiler and water tank jobbie in an apartment I bought new in 2003. It basically 'exploded' in 2005 when tenant was on holiday for the week, causing £50k of damage in mine and the 2 lower flats. New floors, ceilings, 1 kitchen..... etc

The 3 flats of my design all had the ariston boilers and tanks replaced gratis after that!

I hear ariston has got better in the last 10 years but I'd never have one again ever. If I found one on a property I was buying I'd factor in the cost of getting a new one sooner than later

Personally WB or similar boilers are better, especially if you are living in the property for a period of time

I appreciate the above is my personal experience though...

eastwest Sat 10-Jun-17 14:22:49

::-o That sounds... horrible. Thanks for letting me know. Yes, we are living in it for the foreseeable.

Floralnomad Sat 10-Jun-17 14:24:48

We got a new boiler a couple of years ago and after extensive research chose between a Worcester and Vaillant , personally that would be the choice .

ThomasHardyPerennial Sun 11-Jun-17 15:20:02

I inherited one when I bought my house, and it was awful. Nosy, temperamental, and had so many problems with it. Everyone who came to fix it told me it was the crapest of the crap! As soon as I had the funds I replaced it with a WB, which has been good as gold.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: