Advanced search

Plumbing experts! Help me identify this shower part.

(4 Posts)
Piffpaffpoff Tue 06-Jun-17 20:32:10

We have a shower in our house that doesn't have a brand name on it. Water is leaking out the main unit (which is a horizontal barrel shape where you turn one end for on off, and the other for temp adjustment) and when DH dismantled it he found this part (photo) which has a couple of cracks in it and he thinks that is what is causing the problem. Can anyone suggest what this part is called? Because we don't have a brand name, we think our best bet to replace it is to go into a plumbers merchant and ask them if they have a similar one but it would help to know what it's called first!! Thanks.

SlowRiver Tue 06-Jun-17 20:36:54

Don't know what is called. We had a similar issue with an un named unbranded part a few months ago. Took it into a plumber / shower merchant and it was sorted in minutes. Don't waste your time trying to google it like I did.

Monkeybunkey Wed 07-Jun-17 09:03:52

From my very basic shower knowledge, I think that's a flow restrictor. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be able to confirm/correct me if not!

Piffpaffpoff Wed 07-Jun-17 19:51:10

Thanks everyone. Slowriver I just saw you on the north of Scotland meet up thread and (I'm not a stalker, honest!) you live where I am a lot - weekends at the mo, hopefully more longer term. Did you go to the pumbers/builders/everything place down past the brewery by any chance? We've found them very useful for prev things so I'll try there next time I'm up.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: