Talk

Advanced search

Ikea kitchen appliances

(9 Posts)
Tobuyornot99 Mon 05-Jun-17 17:33:47

Getting ridiculously excited about planning an Ikea kitchen, but having never bought a kitchen before I wonder will I have Ikea appliances (oven / hob etc) or will I shop around? Do Ikea units take standard size appliances, is there much of a saving to be made? The Ikea chap said to use their appliances is best, but he would, wouldn't he? grin

PickAChew Mon 05-Jun-17 18:30:09

IKEA appliances are just rebadged whirlpool and, iirc zanussi

Tobuyornot99 Mon 05-Jun-17 18:41:40

Ooh thanks PickAChew, sounds great, especially as Ikea do a 5 year warranty which seems to beat anyone else.

GlowWine Mon 05-Jun-17 18:46:37

My IKEA kitchen is 10 years old now, with IKEA/whirlpool hob and oven, extractor fan and dishwasher. No complaints. The hob needs new burners soonish but I think that's not unusual after this time (our old one's wore out too)

Tobuyornot99 Mon 05-Jun-17 20:07:45

Thanks Glow, sounds positive!

reallybadidea Mon 05-Jun-17 20:14:12

I probably wouldn't have IKEA appliances again. The hob performs ok but the markings rubbed off really quickly and the whole thing started to look quite tatty within a year.

The oven has utterly bizarre controls which nobody can work out how to use without a tutorial and the heating element on the broke after 4 years. Yes, they replaced it with no quibbles but I'd have preferred it not to break down in the first place.

Not a massive fan here?

VeryPunny Mon 05-Jun-17 20:18:48

The one issue we have with our IKEA kitchen is the dishwasher, which is the only IKEA appliance we have. It's a rebadged Electrolux and has been repaired under warranty twice, which is pretty crummy for an appliance under 2 years old. The 5 year warranty is excellent though....

All our other appliances are Siemens and we are very pleased with them. When we bought our kitchen they didn't do a fitting for aftermarket integrated dishwashers, hence we had to buy theirs. This has now changed and you can fit your own dishwasher.

Tobuyornot99 Tue 06-Jun-17 08:12:14

Oh 50/50 feedback then, thanks ladies, I might do some price comparisons etc and weigh it up.

amyboo Tue 06-Jun-17 08:30:23

We had an Ikea oven, dishwasher and hob in our old flat and I wasn't that impressed. I think it was the cheaper option stuff, but still - the markings rubbed off the oven, hob and fan after a couple of years of cleaning, and the dishwasher wasn't very efficient.... I loved the units, but I always said that if we fit an Ikea kitchen ourselves (we since moved), I would have their units and buy appliances separately.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: