Talk

Advanced search

Offer accepted....

(4 Posts)
morecoffeeplz Thu 01-Jun-17 06:12:45

We have accepted an offer on our property. When do we find out who made the offer? Should our estate agent tell us? Survey hasn't been done yet...

user1489844432 Thu 01-Jun-17 06:29:35

Your EA will issue memorandum of sale once solicitor details from both sides are confirmed. This will give you details of your buyers. Are you in chain and if so is it complete now? I would not expect any surveys to be carried out until chain is complete. Then all depends on the lender on avg it takes couple weeks to book a survey. Your buyers may also decide to do homebuyers or structural. I waited with this one until mortgage was approved.

morecoffeeplz Thu 01-Jun-17 07:13:04

Thanks. We are not in a chain just waiting to hear when survey will take place here.

MissDuke Thu 01-Jun-17 09:58:14

We got emailed a letter the next day with details of the solicitor and the buyer (vendors details when it was the house we were buying). The woman buying our house was a cash buyer and commissioned a survey before we had even had an offer accepted on the house we were buying. Everyone is different I guess.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now