Talk

Advanced search

Log burner and wallpaper??

(11 Posts)
BaggyAnn Wed 31-May-17 09:42:05

I was wondering if anyone knows the regulations on wallpaper around a log burner? I would only be papering the chimney breast to the opening and not around the stove. Something like this

CowParsleyNettle Wed 31-May-17 09:46:14

Contacts HEATAS, they should be able to advise.

That wallpaper is gorgeous, I usually hate feature wallpaper but I love that, where's it from?

BaggyAnn Wed 31-May-17 09:51:20

Thanks for your reply. The paper is called cole and son 'wood and pears' I'm not sure where you can buy it from as I was just googling to try to find a picture of where i would be finishing the wallpaper to. It is lovely though. I'll try looking on HETAS website.

LizzieMacQueen Wed 31-May-17 10:06:17

There are guidelines on the minimum space between fire and combustible surface but if it's above the mantlepiece (is that wood?) that should be fine.

Bit ironic having a woodburner sitting amongst a 'forest' of trees.

JT05 Wed 31-May-17 20:07:48

You've got my fireplace! Minus the wall paper, so sorry can't help.

BumWad Wed 31-May-17 20:08:21

Oh I love that paper too!!

BaggyAnn Wed 31-May-17 22:50:36

That wallpaper is lovely!! I wish it was mine! But it's not sad I was just wanting to know if wallpapering the same would be ok

BaggyAnn Wed 31-May-17 22:55:25

This is mine currrently after some damp treatment.

LizzieMacQueen Thu 01-Jun-17 09:34:01

Oh that's very similar to the picture you posted, I think it will look lovely but is the intention to keep the tv there? I didn't think it was recommended to have tvs (even the latest models) situated so close to a fire.

NoSquirrels Thu 01-Jun-17 23:35:57

We considered it, but if you touch your chimney breast when the fire is in use, you'll find quite a considerable difference in temperature to other walls - that put me off. But if you have happily had a TV hanging over the woodturner up till now, you may not have the same attitude to risk as me, I am probably more cautious.

user1496658935 Mon 05-Jun-17 12:24:43

As NoSquirrels has stated. The chimney breast gets rather hot when the wood stove is in use. I would imagine that any paper would dry out and start peeling. I have a stove fan on top of my burner which disperses the heat into the room but the chimney breast still gets really hot. I would definitely move the tv too, as any heat will damage it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now