Talk

Advanced search

My shower is either feezibg cold or red hot! What do I do?

(10 Posts)
Savannah12334 Wed 31-May-17 08:36:47

Me and my partner have just moved in together and a new shower was fitted 2 week ago! We've been in 3 days and I'm having to shower at my mums house as the water from the shower is either scolding hot or freezing there is no in between! And if the temperature is nice it goes flat cold after 3 minutes. This is an absolute nightmare what should I do?confused

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Wed 31-May-17 08:42:39

Phone the bloke who fitted it and explain the issue?

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Wed 31-May-17 08:43:16

Or lady. Very sexist of me to assume the plumber was a man.

'Pologies.

DidILeaveTheGasOn Wed 31-May-17 08:43:25

Is it a power shower or is it getting hot water from a boiler? Ours comes from the combi boiler and it went from freezing to boiling, it got worse and worse until we got it fixed. The boiler engineer said it was pretty dangerous when he came out, the sight glass was cracked and there could have been a gas leak. So, I would suggest, if you have gas central heating and it's not a power shower, get a heating engineer out, and get a carbon monoxide monitor as part of having gas central heating.

Ivytheterrible Wed 31-May-17 08:51:24

We've had this several times. It was a problem with the heat exchanger being clogged up with gunk. They took it out and cleaned it and put a new filter in the system to hopefully stop it happening again. You need a boiler repair person to come and do it. It wasn't a big job.

Savannah12334 Wed 31-May-17 09:03:31

It's all electric and run on an immersion system

PigletJohn Wed 31-May-17 11:34:58

You say you have an immersion system.

What colour is the hot water cylinder?

Turn on the hot bathroom tap. Put your thumb over the spout. Can you stop the flow?

Now do it with the cold bathroom tap.

PigletJohn Wed 31-May-17 11:36:23

And post a photo of the shower mixer please.

Savannah12334 Wed 31-May-17 11:42:57

That's all of it

PigletJohn Wed 31-May-17 12:10:20

you have an unvented cylinder so the pressures should be balanced.

There is a chance the plumber put the mixer in upside down. Is it a thermostatic mixer, and have you got the installation instructions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now