Talk

Advanced search

Multi estate agent fees

(9 Posts)
Hippielle Tue 30-May-17 11:40:11

Hi - we are currently trying to sell our house through online estate agent Yopa
We have had lots of viewings - which we do ourself - and an offer that was later withdrawn
I am getting so worn out of doing the viewings and managing them along with a part time job and 2 little ones under 4
We are thinking of asking a high street estate agent to market it but want to know what sort of fees we would be looking at
Has anyone else done anything similar or are in a similar situation?

millibug Tue 30-May-17 15:41:18

We used YOPA recently but decided to opt for their viewings package. I think it's only about £300 for unlimited accompanied viewings, so might be worth looking into that?

When we were comparing high street agents they were asking anywhere from about 1.5 - 2.5% in fees, so still much cheaper to go with one of the online options.

FiveMoreMinutesPlease Tue 30-May-17 16:16:27

We're paying 1% for 2 estate agents. We had to negotiate one of them down.

Dailystuck71 Tue 30-May-17 18:24:06

Christ we only charge £85 plus VAT to do all viewings and you call traditional estate agents expensive shock

Lilmisskittykat Tue 30-May-17 20:45:01

Paying £1200 for high street estate agent who said did viewings maybe did three.. rest I've done so check they really do.

I think I should get a discount smile

BackforGood Tue 30-May-17 21:02:05

Out of interest, OP, what do YOPA charge? Is it a fixed fee or a % ?

sweetpup Wed 31-May-17 09:55:56

We've used YOPA too. They're fixed fee BackforGood, so we were quoted a fee of about £2300 for an estate agent someone at work used, but with YOPA it was less by nearly £1000!!, even with that viewings package (which seems expensive compared to £85) we didn't spend nearly as much and no effort needed like taking time off etc!! Good luck :D

sweetpup Wed 31-May-17 09:59:42

That messaged doesn't seem clear oops! We paid £780, but I've just looked and they've gone up to £839 now. Worth the extra £50 imo x

BackforGood Wed 31-May-17 11:58:28

Thanks Sweetpup

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now