Talk

Advanced search

What to offer?

(6 Posts)
IAmALionTamer Mon 29-May-17 17:28:27

DH and I have viewed a property that we like but isn't without its issues.
It's been on the market for 6 months which is unusual for its location. A few of them are as follows:
It is a 4 bed but realistically the 4th bedroom is only suitable for use as an office as its so small, the master bedroom is very narrow (only 2.45m wide!), the ensuite is so tiny even by ensuite standards and the carpets require replacement up the stairs and in all bedrooms (although I appreciate that this is down to personal taste).
The vendors don't have a chain as they will be moving into a property which has recently been inherited. From what I can gather from the agent they need the money from this sale to buy out the vendors sisters who jointly inherited the new property with her.
The house is on the market for £345k so I wondered what your views on what we should offer are?
We don't currently have a buyer for our house so this is just academic until we are in a proceedable position.

IAmALionTamer Mon 29-May-17 17:29:38

Also just to add that we will need to buy new appliances for the kitchen as these are going with the vendor and we'll be moving from a home which has all integrated.

wowfudge Mon 29-May-17 18:15:21

Have they turned down other offers? If not, then I'd go in lowish. But it depends what you are prepared to pay too. The lack of appliances is neither here than there, they don't impact the value of the house.

wowfudge Mon 29-May-17 18:15:38

Here nor there

Moanyoldcow Mon 29-May-17 18:17:59

It's hard to say without knowing the area and what you want to pay for it.

I'd offer a bit below what you would actually pay and go from there.

My house was on at £400k, had come down from £410k. We decided we would pay £400k at a push but would be happier around £390k. Offered £380k and agreed £385k.

If you'd pay, say, £340k, I'd go in around £325k and see what happens.

Good luck!

IAmALionTamer Mon 29-May-17 18:18:47

They have apparently declined offers previously but no idea on how much they were.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now