Talk

Advanced search

Stainless steel kitchen worktops

(5 Posts)
Whattodowithaminute Mon 29-May-17 10:29:44

Good or bad idea? Husband pretty convinced this is the way forwards. Anyone with one who would recommend supplier?

bojorojo Mon 29-May-17 11:21:40

Gosh no!!! It's ok in a professional kitchen but they scratch and need polishing to keep marks to a minimum. Most people cannot keep a stainless steel sink looking good never mind an expense of worktop!

Talk him out of it. Maybe a small section? For most people it has no advantages and will look very industrial. Granite or Corian are much better for a domestic kitchen.

Suppliers? Steel fabricators.

Whattodowithaminute Mon 29-May-17 15:37:06

Am happy with the industrial look but cleaning is a concern... how heat resistant is corian? I thought I'd read about being careful with heat and it staining; both of which would be fine with the steel option...

Qwebec Mon 29-May-17 17:03:14

I think it is a great surface if you like the look, but you have to view thescratches a patina and part of the charm.

mando12345 Mon 29-May-17 17:11:02

I wanted stainless steel but I found it was very expensive, so I ended up with white corian. Love it, it's heat proof to 180, occasionally I get marks, they come off with a bit of fairy liquid on a sponge. Love the sink and having no seams.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now