Talk

Advanced search

Price of this flat?!

(12 Posts)
FreeNiki Sat 27-May-17 23:31:10

I've been looking for a flat in south London. I happen to know an old acquaintance who lives in this very block and bought their flat only 2.5 years ago for about £275k

This flat

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-55649386.html

is £100k more and has been available for a bloody long time.

any idea whether a £100k increase in 2 years in fair enough or whether you'd be able to get a significant reduction?

Summersunny Sun 28-May-17 05:18:08

Wow! I used to live in South London and since when did Streatham become so expensive?!? (In north london now.)

Prices have stagnated in the last two years. If your friend's place is identical, this flat is surely overpriced. If it wasn't overpriced, it would have sold by now... (And it's been on the market for 9 months so they're obviously in denial!)

Hmmmwhyisthat Sun 28-May-17 07:01:59

There are areas of London (mine!) where prices are still rising sharply, but if it's been on the market for nine months...it's overpriced.

Lucisky Sun 28-May-17 10:14:11

You'd think they would have made the bed before the photos were taken!

HeatedCatFurniture Sun 28-May-17 10:19:13

It doesn't look a million miles from what I would expect price-wise - it's a lovely, big flat in a small block in a nice area. I'd expect it to go for £340 maybe? But it having been on the market for so long suggests that they aren't particularly serious about selling.

Feelingchipper Sun 28-May-17 12:24:49

Using the Property-Bee tool, I can see that they originally tried for £425k for it! It does seem quite overpriced for such a small flat.

lanbro Sun 28-May-17 12:31:05

And that is why I love living in the north east - 5 bedroom detached with land for that price!

Kokusai Sun 28-May-17 12:42:42

That flat is a great size for a 1 bed and has a nice lay out plus a S facing balcony. Doesn't look too over priced looking at sold prices.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 28-May-17 12:45:09

It's a great flat by the looks of things,lovely flooring. I think it's a good price for where it is.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 28-May-17 12:46:35

I sold a flat in SE London 9 years ago for £220k and it's recently been sold for £450k!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 28-May-17 12:47:33

And it's got a balcony too OP, that's classed as 'outside space!' I'd have killed for that!

bibbitybobbityyhat Sun 28-May-17 12:49:27

I know a young couple who have recently paid £315,000 for a large two bed flat in South London (Hither Green) so it does seem over priced to me. I know Streatham is becoming more popular but I completely agree with you, op - I'd be very suspicious of that £100,000 increase in just over 2.5 years. Can't be right, surely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now