Talk

Advanced search

Sold to a FTB but our seller hasn't found anywhere

(5 Posts)
Honey1975 Sat 27-May-17 16:28:32

Just wondering if anyone had been in this situation. We had to pull out of a purchase after survey but are in a fortunate position to have found anothet property quickly and offer was accepted 3 weeks ago. Our buyers are ftb and about 6 weeks into the process of buying our house.

The people we're now buying from haven't found anywhere to buy yet so we feel a bit in limbo. Is this quite common & how long should we leave it before reviewing the situation? Thanks

didireallysaythat Sat 27-May-17 16:41:14

Very common. Our seller took 7 months.

AnnieAnoniMouse Sat 27-May-17 16:51:49

Urgh. The whole house buying thing in the UK is ridiculous & chicken/egg.

We were in the fortunate (?!) position of not having a house in the UK to sell and finding a place through Auctions. Perfect. No stupid chain to worry about or sellers pulling out.

The Auction itself was adrenalin fuelled fun at its best! I'd love to buy by Auction again, but there are fewer houses available and, I guess, it's a bit crap if you don't get the house you have your heart set on.

If I were you I'd just keep your buyers in the picture & hopefully it'll be ok. Do you know what their situation is, because that'll make a huge difference to how long they can/are willing to wait.

Honey1975 Sat 27-May-17 17:02:30

Thanks, they are in rented currently and were ok when we told them what had happened. I think they'd just rather be paying a mortgage than rent so ideally want to move as soon as poss, as do we! Hate the unpredictability of it all😬

SquinkiesRule Sat 27-May-17 17:17:15

We plan on moving to rented for 6 months after we sell. Maybe you could do that seeing your sellers haven't even found a house yet.
I hate the chain thing, to easily broken, costing everyone a fortune and taking way too long.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now