Talk

Advanced search

Anyone have a wet room style shower?

(6 Posts)
mollyminniemo Thu 25-May-17 14:10:39

Hi all, we are planning a wetroom style en suite shower as in- one glass panel, frameless, and same tiles continuing into shower as floor rather than shower tray.

Can anyone help with how I go about ordering the sheet of glass for the 1 panel/screen- do you have any suppliers you could recommend please? Thanks.

bojorojo Thu 25-May-17 16:42:13

Matki Wet Room is a good place to start. They have various solutions. Other shower enclosure firms should have similar.

One word of caution, make absolutely certain the worm is carried out to a high standard and that the shower area and beyond are "tanked" to avoid leaking from the wet room. A shower tray and standard enclosure is better in ensuring water does not stray.

Crumbelina Thu 25-May-17 18:02:50

We've renovated two houses and used Bathstore Playtime glass screens for both wetrooms. Not too expensive and they can definitely be used straight onto tiles.

Agree with the poster above about properly tanking the room. Not sure who will be installing your wetrooms and what materials they like to use, but it's worth making the extra investment in quality products. I can recommend having a Google for products by Schluter (Kerdi boards are used to tank the walls, a Ditra mat will help prevent water leaking thorough the floor and will stop grout cracking). Oh, and Unidrain have some lovely drains (if drains can be lovely smile). Their Highline Custom means that the drain is pretty much invisible. My aim was to have something that hardly ever needs cleaning, never shows limescale/mould etc. and we've achieved it.

Oh, and try and go for minimal grout on the floor so large tiles are good. Much less to clean and fewer weak points for water to get through.

Crumbelina Thu 25-May-17 18:06:51

Bit of a rubbish photo but this is what we ended up with.

thethoughtfox Thu 25-May-17 18:57:43

Agree with all other posters: our wet room is like this but frequently blocks and overflows. Plumber will have to rip up tiles to get to the pipes. He said always get a separate shower try and don't tile in access to pipes for showers or the sides of baths.

bojorojo Thu 25-May-17 19:07:32

I do think the Bette Floor is an excellent product. They are one piece of non slip metal shower floor that is installed level with the surrounding tiles of the floor and they come in about 22 colours. I think they are brilliant and no grout! Big range of sizes and easy to install with a single glass screen. We really like ours and it has a standard round drain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now