Talk

Advanced search

Electric velux question

(6 Posts)
BuggerFlip Wed 24-May-17 23:24:42

Hi all,

In the throws of a loft conversion and I need to confirm with the builder what type of velux windows we want. As standard with our quote are 2 white wood top hung veluxes 78x98. Of course I always want something better than the bog standard so I've been looking at other options. Does anyone recommend getting pu or pvc veluxes instead of wood? Also am looking at the electric ones - whether electric or solar powered. Any advice or recommendations. My thinking is that it's going to be our bedroom and so if it gets hot in summer it will be awful - ventilation is the key apparently. I'm out all day at work so would be good to leave open and they close if it rains. TIA

PlaymobilPirate Wed 24-May-17 23:33:23

We've just put in upvc electric ones (solar panels) they close themselves when it rains. Bloody marvellous

BuggerFlip Thu 25-May-17 00:21:30

Thanks Play. How many do you have? Trying to decide whether to go for 3 or keep it to 2. Also, was it easy enough to sort out the electrics for this or are there no wires?

wowfudge Thu 25-May-17 07:44:18

Get the white painted ones rather than the plain wood.

PlaymobilPirate Fri 26-May-17 11:31:42

We've got 2 big ones. Fairly easy - builder dh and his roofer mate put them in. Didn't need hard wiring or a anything with them being solar. Comes with a remote control.

GrassWillBeGreener Fri 26-May-17 12:11:00

The velux windows in our loft (done by previous owners) have vents so you can leave them shut but still have decent ventilation. Still gets pretty hot in summer weather but that is probably inevitable - pay attention to the blinds you get on them is my recommendation!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now