Advanced search

how long from full mortgage application to offer?

(17 Posts)
PancakesAndMapleSyrup Wed 24-May-17 21:29:59

Hi just the above really. How long did it take your lender to offer inc valuation etc. Im so stressed!!! Ftb and pregnant with DC3 not a good look! House needs doing up so we cant move in straight away anyway but want this over with already.

DorothyHarris Wed 24-May-17 21:33:04

Not very long at all. About 10 days and part of that was waiting for our buyers to book their survey. Once we had done our survey we got the offer in about 3 days.

thecapitalsunited Wed 24-May-17 21:41:35

For me it was a week. I know my buyers mortgage took about three weeks though. It really depends on how busy the underwriters are, how quickly they can get a valuation arranged and how straightforward your application is.

If you need a mortgage quickly I cannot recommend getting a broker highly enough. They made sure we had everything ready to go before the application so that the lender didn't have to come back to us for any more paperwork.

Stumbleine Wed 24-May-17 21:51:30

7 weeks and still no sign! confused. This is with Clydesdale though, who are apparently notoriously slow.

PancakesAndMapleSyrup Wed 24-May-17 21:52:07

Thanks for the info. We completed all the paperwork etc with the broker this eve and application is off tomorrow morn via email. Weve had to provide so much paperwork its mind numbing as our circumstances are not completly straight forward. At least if everything goes well we can stay put for the next 15 years or so!

PancakesAndMapleSyrup Wed 24-May-17 21:53:09

Omg 7 weeks!!!! .....faints!

Stumbleine Wed 24-May-17 21:55:11

Thankfully there is no house purchase resting on it! (It's just a remortgage) I hope yours is a speedy process smile

Uberfluffs Wed 24-May-17 22:39:30

Been 5 weeks so far for us and still waiting hmm

Uberfluffs Wed 24-May-17 22:42:44

The survey was over a week ago. We lost two weeks because our broker applied for one that didn't go as high as our mortgage (not over £350K).
FTB in London, living in rented accommodation which finishes in July so a bit stressed!

VeuveLilies Thu 25-May-17 11:26:44

Stumbleine- I just got an offer from Clydesdale within a week and that had to go to underwriting.
What's the problem with yours?

Notyetthere Thu 25-May-17 12:44:07

We received the mortgage offer on the same day the valuation was completed. We did have to wait 2 weeks for the valuation though. I think it also depends on how busy they are.

Laurah1979 Thu 25-May-17 13:42:08

I think it does depend on who you are applying too. It took 10 days from paperwork to offer in the post with Halifax.

Stumbleine Thu 25-May-17 14:17:43

Veuvelillies - we have applied via a broker as DH is a contractor, maybe that is it? Is yours a 'standard' case?

VeuveLilies Thu 25-May-17 14:50:49

I'm a Clydesdale customer, maybe that makes it easier?
But took 2days while underwriting were asked if my income could be used and then underwriting took another 2 days with the whole application.

PancakesAndMapleSyrup Fri 26-May-17 13:12:57

Ooh lots of different scenarios which is helpful. Ive just found out we need to use one of the building societys panel of conveyancers which is a pain but hey ho. Stupid estate agents are not taking the property off the market as we went for full application and not an in principle. Fucks me off as ive just paid for an arrangement fee and valuation regardless of whether it goes through or not. Agrh!!!!

thecapitalsunited Fri 26-May-17 17:07:38

Pancakes, usually the panels are fairly broad so you should still be able to use a solicitor of your choice. Just make sure to ask them whether they are on the building societies panel before you engage them. That's what I did and my mortgage is through Accord which is Yorkshire Building Society.

BewareOfTheToddler Fri 26-May-17 17:53:57

5 weeks here and counting with Santander. We've slowed it up a bit as I misunderstood about a piece of paper I thought was needed from my employer and was off sick so took a while to sort out, then we held off paying the product fee for the valuation until we got the homebuyer's survey back. Now Santander have added a week on via a technical cock-up so we can't pay said fee until it's resolved angry.

I am NEVER doing this again!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: