Talk

Advanced search

If you're an electrician or know one can you please answer a Q for me

(5 Posts)
TheRachelCut Wed 24-May-17 07:43:47

If you were re-wiring a whole house and in one room the owner decided to have three spotlights instead of one, how much would you charge extra per spotlight?

Thanks.

Kokusai Wed 24-May-17 08:40:20

In the same room? Is there easy access from above? Wouldn't have thought that should be much extra as part of a full rewire.

PigletJohn Wed 24-May-17 11:08:10

in the original quote, they might use a ready estimator, say £50 per point or something.

However, Change Control is the art of having your customer by the throat and making all your profits by enormous charges every time they change their mind. That's how Capita and Accenture make their billions, and why NHS contracts and the Olympics overrun until the government runs out of money, and small builders do it too.

You have the option of saying "that seems like a lot, I think I'll leave it"

If the charge is ridiculous, you could always have another electrician another day to wire in some more spots. It might cost a few hundred. Do it before laying the carpet.

johnd2 Wed 24-May-17 12:44:28

Our quote was about 80 per point, can't remember if it was vat on top, if you get a per point charge it's easier. But that was for basic mk accessories so you have to add the cost of the fitting.

TheRachelCut Wed 24-May-17 22:34:25

Yy PigletJohn.

Thanks everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now