Talk

Advanced search

Shower screen help, leaks!

(8 Posts)
ANiceSliceOfCake Mon 22-May-17 20:17:16

Our shower and screen look like this (not our actual bathroom but same style) but we have a wooden bath panel that looks lovely, but is getting warped from water. The water either leaks under the seal or sprays off our bodies out of the bath and onto the panel. The leak under the seal is the worst bit though. The seal seems quite secure too.

So any ideas? Can you waterproof a wooden panel? Get wider seals?

Thanks

tdm1 Tue 23-May-17 15:30:48

You can replace the plastic strip that fits underneath the moving part of the screen and fit it yourself - lots of different sizes and designs on ebay.

Etymology23 Tue 23-May-17 15:32:26

Not very in at the moment but a shower curtain is highly effective for stopping spray round the ends etc.

wowfudge Tue 23-May-17 16:23:52

Not as neat, but shower curtains are far more effective than screen ime.

ANiceSliceOfCake Tue 23-May-17 21:56:00

I did wonder if a curtain would be the only solution. Such a shame though as it looks so nice the way it is. It just doesn't function! Gah, off to Google 'nice shower curtains' ! Thank you.

NotMeNoNo Tue 23-May-17 22:37:29

Google "splash guard shower screen" as well. A little stubby screen that stops water getting round the edge of the curtain.

johnd2 Wed 24-May-17 00:08:05

To be honest I thought it must be a building regs requirement that all shower screens must leak at the hinge. Otherwise how do they manage to make them leak so reliably? The best solution is an old flannel strategically placed, then hang it up to dry after.

ANiceSliceOfCake Wed 24-May-17 21:09:41

I grew up in a house with the trusty flannel wedged under the screen, I wanted a flannel free bathroom ! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now