Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Loudwater high Wycombe

(7 Posts)
minimalist99 Mon 22-May-17 13:45:00

What's the area like ? What are the schools like?

We put an offer down on a house that I didn't particularly like but settled on, stupidly I didn't have a look at the schools and now I am being told that schools aren't great in loudwater. We are looking for a family friendly area and ultimately this is a long term option as opposed to a short term decision. I don't know whether we should withdraw our offer considering it has only got to the surveying stage at the moment. Please could you help us if you have any experience or idea about the loudwater area.

bojorojo Mon 22-May-17 14:44:03

Other areas are better but the schools are probably full. You should check with Bucks LA schools admissions to see where there are spaces. Loudwater has never been the greatest area. Try Downley or Terriers. Even Holmer Green or Widmer End and Hazlemere. Check the schools though before you decide!

allwornout0 Mon 22-May-17 17:24:46

Agree with bojorojo, check with the LEA first about school places, I think there is something on the buckscc website that gives quite up to date info on what schools have spaces in each year group.

What road in Loudwater is the house?

You may also want to look at catchment areas for secondary schools as well.

allwornout0 Mon 22-May-17 17:28:47

If you don't mind saying what your budget is and what type/size of house etc you are looking for, we might be able to help with suitable suggestions for areas to look at.

minimalist99 Mon 22-May-17 18:45:30

Our budget is £470k, 3 bedroom house. Thank you all so much for your replies

minimalist99 Mon 22-May-17 18:49:12

The road is just behind clearbrook close it's called "the rise"

allwornout0 Mon 22-May-17 19:16:05

OK, I know of somebody who lives in that area and has children that attend The Loudwater School, they seem quite happy with it, secondary wise their older children attend Sir William Ramsey which I notice is 'Requires Improvemnt' which isn't good. The London Rd is also a bugger.

Have a look at Prestwood, I've heard good things about the secondary school 'The Misbourne' and the primary seems good.

Stokenchurch may be worth a look, secondary wise the children generally go to Great Marlow or Icknield Community College, both or which are good as well as the primary school. Nice little area and lovely countryside.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now