Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How much would you expect to pay to have a patio laid?

(9 Posts)
Judgydog Sun 21-May-17 23:01:06

We've just had a quote for 8k for a patio roughly 10 metres x 4 metres. This does not include digging out (DH has already done that) or any slabs. We're London area. Is it me or does that sound extortionate? Any ideas what we should be paying??

QueenofEsgaroth Sun 21-May-17 23:05:59

depends what's under it ...

OliviaPopeRules Sun 21-May-17 23:06:33

Sounds a lot to me. We just had a quote to have a patio removed and a new one laid, area is approx. 14m x 6 m. They are taking away all the waste and the price includes the slabs. We are also having some soil removed for a play area aswell. Quote is for £10,250. We are in the southeast so would be a little cheaper than London but not that much of a difference.

OliviaPopeRules Sun 21-May-17 23:07:38

Oh and we have fairly awful clay soil which is difficult enough to work with.

PigletJohn Sun 21-May-17 23:31:15

Sounds high to me.

If it doesn't include digging out or slabs, what does it include? A consolidated MOT1 base and brick edging?

Heebejeebees Sun 21-May-17 23:33:57

Huge amount!

Do the my have to remove soil/clay/earth? If so of a lot maybe the waste costs would be large.

I had a sandstone patio laid for £5k. It's 7m X 5m (Surrey)

Judgydog Mon 22-May-17 06:46:34

We've removed most of the soil already! This is to lay base plus slabs and build a couple of steps from the house to the patio.

Bluntness100 Mon 22-May-17 06:54:19

That seems too high to me. Ours was about that price in the south east but area much bigger, can't recall exact measurements and inc the stone.

DoItTooJulia Mon 22-May-17 06:55:44

Does it include drainage? What's the access like? What are they doing about waste?

I don't think it's extortionate, expensive maybe but good quality workmanship from a reliable company costs money. What were your other quotes like?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now