Talk

Advanced search

What colour to paint fireplace?

(8 Posts)
TeddyIsaHe Sat 20-May-17 11:25:18

I will start this by saying I am useless at DIY, so don't even know if this is possible. I have a cream-walked living room, light brown sofa, light blue armchair, both have dark wood feet and the rest of the furniture is dark wood with gold accents in soft furnishing and lamps. My fireplace surround is that horrid veneer stuff, in a pale wood. It has cream tiles with a dark red and navy middle patch (sounds awful I know!) So very unsure as to what I can do with it, white? Cream? Pale blue to match the armchair? I've researched enough to know I need to prime it to paint it, so don't think a dark wood colour will work? I've just bought this house and it's my first non-rented property so I want it to be lovely! Any ideas/tips will be greatly received.

ijustwannadance Sat 20-May-17 11:28:32

Be daring and paint it blue.

wowfudge Sat 20-May-17 11:30:49

I'd paint it the same colour as the woodwork in the room, if that is painted.

TeddyIsaHe Sat 20-May-17 11:35:33

The wood isn't painted, its varnished walnut and is really lovely so I don't want to have a badly painted fireplace in the middle! It's a small room and the fireplace is the feature, which is why it's bugging me so much at the minute looking the way it does.

7to25 Sat 20-May-17 11:37:57

A mid toned grey that goes with the blue chair, if possible.

TeddyIsaHe Sat 20-May-17 12:59:49

Like the grey idea! Will have a hunt

wowfudge Sat 20-May-17 13:55:31

Okay - cream or grey then.

LizzieMacQueen Sat 20-May-17 16:29:48

Can you post a picture?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now