Talk

Advanced search

Buying a house with all furniture and fittings

(9 Posts)
Badliar Fri 19-May-17 06:59:46

I have put in an offer on a small house and it's for sale complete with all furniture and fittings, down to furniture, bedding, table lamps, pictures, appliances, everything. It's all immaculate.

I have already got tons of my own stuff and will seriously have to declutter anyway.

The owners have another house so obviously don't want the hassle of clearing out this one. I am concerned that if I say i don't want the furniture it will put them off my offer as there is at least one other offer on the table and this is in a popular area where houses are sold within days.

I did think of buying it then selling it all or putting my stuff in storage and sorting everything gradually. Or do I just say, I don't want it and the house needs to be cleared. What would you do?

Oliversmumsarmy Fri 19-May-17 07:04:09

Isn't there companies who come round and give you a price for the lot and take it away. You get cash and no hassle to clear it and they get what ever they get through selling it on

chocolatespiders Fri 19-May-17 07:11:46

There is always people being rehoused with nothing.
I visited a family yesterday with nothing in
Lounge or bedrooms. So it could be passed on.
Age UK furniture warehouse or similar would pick it up from you

pinkmagic1 Fri 19-May-17 07:17:07

There are house clearance companies that will come and take it away as a pp said. No hassle for you and you might get something for it.

Badliar Fri 19-May-17 07:19:37

Yes good idea, I suppose the question is should they do that or should I?

ThisIsStartingToBoreMe Fri 19-May-17 07:30:21

You should as you have offered to buy the house furnished

MissDuke Fri 19-May-17 07:58:43

You should,The house has been marketed as coming with all the contents, if that is a deal breaker for you then look elsewhere smile

johnd2 Fri 19-May-17 08:19:46

Anything is negotiable, just ask if they'd be happy to clear it, to sweeten the deal you could always offer to pay any clearance fees and book the company between exchange and completion if you need it done on day 1.

SquinkiesRule Fri 19-May-17 08:50:37

My mother bought hers with everything in it.
Luckily for us, we were all crammed in her old house, we had sold and had nothing (moved continents to be with her) So she sorted through the new house and the old house, saved what she wanted and let us pick what we wanted, the rest went to charity. It worked well.
I'd take it fully furnished, then have a good look through, pick the best things you want and have a large charity come and take the rest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now