Talk

Advanced search

Tiling - how much is reasonable per sq m?

(6 Posts)
Ridingthegravytrain Thu 18-May-17 19:53:32

I'm in the south east. I've just been quoted to do my bathroom for wall and floor tiles and it's working out at £56per sq m. Which seems rather high to me. And doesn't include any tile fix, grout or trims or anything. I have queried the cost and am waiting to hear back

Any ideas what is reasonable. I was expecting closer to £40

Thanks

wowfudge Thu 18-May-17 20:14:41

Have they priced the job by the square metre or given you a price for x number of days' work?

Fragglez Thu 18-May-17 20:27:34

DP says in the sw, which is admittedly cheaper than the se he would charge roughly 35 quid an hour, which would include adhesive.

He has said you could go to a local independent (not national) tile shop and ask them what the local going rate is if you are concerned you are being taken advantage of.

Peachy27 Thu 18-May-17 20:36:42

We are in se. We paid £30 per square metre to get ours done but another recommended person was £45 per square metre. Think it included adhesive but we had to buy grout and edging

mineofuselessinformation Thu 18-May-17 20:39:52

Make sure you are clear what type of tiles. My tiler tried to claim it would take him much longer to put up the mosaic tiles I'd bought (true, but I'd told him that was what they were when getting the quote... hmm)

Ridingthegravytrain Thu 18-May-17 20:43:30

It's the cost per square metre. And part of a full bathroom refit quote. We haven't discussed the style of tile as I haven't chosen them yet. I've queried if he has quoted for cutting porcelain as I understand that is more expensive but still not heard back.

Going to a local independent is a good idea

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now