Talk

Advanced search

Which glass in Solidor front doors?

(5 Posts)
mrsdiddlydoo Wed 17-May-17 22:03:00

So, painstakingly trying to pick a new front door (its been a long loong time coming) and we've finally decided on a Solidor Ludlow. Just wondered if any of you have that one or a similar one and if so which glass option did you go with. Liking the trio black but can't decide. Should glass in a front door be obscured?
Thanks in advance!

PigletJohn Wed 17-May-17 22:56:18

I think it should be obscure, but I would also seriously consider laminated glass. It is very hard to get through even after you've cracked it. Ordinary safety glass is very easy to break with a small pocket tool, giving access to the indoor handle.

bojorojo Wed 17-May-17 23:09:18

I actually had one of these put into a house I own. I had plain obscure glass because I thought it suited the house and the door. I had a door knocker and the number and a letter box so I thought plain obscure glass was best so it looked smart but not over complicated. If you have less door furniture then fancy glass could work. It is the best door in the street!

namechangedtoday15 Wed 17-May-17 23:16:53

We have the London door with Park Lane Bespoke glass. Looks fab!

FiddleFigs Fri 19-May-17 11:55:38

We've just ordered a Solidor Ludlow, in French Grey with Victorian glass. I've seen similar - it looks v smart, I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now