Talk

Advanced search

Comfortable sofa beds - do these exist?

(5 Posts)
Mumneedstea Wed 17-May-17 14:13:23

We bought a house last year and while it seemed big enough at the time, now with DC2 here it suddenly seems small.
We have always had a spare bedroom in all our previous rented houses - mostly because whenever my parents or in laws visit us they are likely to stay for a good 2-3 months (they live in another country and it just doesn't make sense for them to take a 9 hour flight for a week's visit!)

DS1 is currently sleeping in the box room and DS2 is in our room for now. Sometime in the near future I want to covert the guest room into the boys room with bunk beds. This would leave me with no room for the parents.
We do have a good sized lounge and the only other alternative right now is to put in a nice sofa bed in there for them to sleep.
The box room would be empty, but I don't see how I could fit anything in there.

Is there a comfy sofa bed out there? One that's a good sofa and looks nice during the day and is also comfy for sleeping?

TIA smile

YogaDrone Wed 17-May-17 15:02:04

I have a lovely comfortable sofa bed. It's the "Harry" from Sofa Workshop Here

It's not cheap but it is very comfortable both as a sofa (it's in our living room and gets daily use!) and as a sofa bed. I think the best sofa beds are the metal action ones. The futon style ones are never as comfortable in my opinion.

paap1975 Wed 17-May-17 15:05:09

I think this is mine. My sister and her hubby once slept on it for 6 weeks and said it was very comfortable: www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/sofas-armchairs/sofa-beds-chair-beds/vilasund-sofa-bed-with-chaise-longue-borred-grey-green-spr-29212327/

Mumneedstea Sun 21-May-17 20:07:22

Thanks for the recommendations. Will keep these in mind when we finally get around to it smile

monsieurpoirot Sun 21-May-17 20:38:52

Other possibilities would be to put bunk beds in box room and move ds there when you gave guests. Or a Hmes day bed that extends to a double in box room... it would be a pain to lose your lounge for 2 months imo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now