Talk

Advanced search

Can someone please tell me how to change this light bulb

(8 Posts)
MyCalmX Tue 16-May-17 09:41:31

Pretty please confused

They are in the bathroom. We have 5 and only 2 are working because dh and I can't figure it out!

samatamfabahaba Tue 16-May-17 09:44:48

The silver cover comes off, possibly twisted off, and then you have to gently push in the light whilst turning it round. Not far at all, just so the two little pins come out of their housing inside.

Describing stuff is NOT my strong point but we have these spots in our living room and kitchen.

BertrandRussell Tue 16-May-17 09:45:22

The metal surround should pull out-it'll just be a trim.

isthistoonosy Tue 16-May-17 09:47:55

I think samat is describing a bayonet light bulb fitting if you want to google and see what you are trying to do.

Chillidawg Tue 16-May-17 09:49:29

Ha ha, I had similar put in my bathroom and ended up calling the builder back when one needed changing as I couldn't fathom the dang thing! (Luckily, my contractor is very understanding of my foibles.)
The silver ring does indeed have to be 'pinged' off, very carefully.
I replaced mine with LEDs which hopefully will last much longer, and on the contractors instructions, kept the box for the replacement bulb so I could replace further ones with identical.

Chillidawg Tue 16-May-17 09:50:42

The builder used a very thin scraper between the ceiling and the light rim to prise the cover off.

samatamfabahaba Tue 16-May-17 09:57:10

Yes! Bayonet! That's the one.

MyCalmX Tue 16-May-17 10:23:10

You guys are brilliant, thank you!

I've just changed two of the light bulbs smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now