Talk

Advanced search

Looking to rent in Royston - advice needed

(4 Posts)
Tapperrapper Mon 15-May-17 17:02:14

My son has secured his first graduate job in Royston starting in July. We are coming down from Scotland at the end of this month to look at properties for him. Is there any areas he should avoid? Some of the properties he is looking at are near the Morrisons superstore or beside the train station - are these okay areas? Any local knowledge would be much appreciated.

pinkpanda101 Mon 15-May-17 17:16:37

Royston's a great place to live! Near Morrisons will be ideal, loads of shops, cafes, a few pubs and really safe. It's not very glamorous but just a nice market town with a good commute to London and most of what you need within walking distance.

Coincidentally, I know someone who might be renting out a brand-new one bed flat in Royston centre! It'll be around £700 a month, will be through an agent, and will hopefully be available around the end of June. If your son might be interested, email me at majenta.barbosa@gmail.com

Casz Mon 15-May-17 18:14:32

No particular areas to choose or avoid.

Given the choice, I'd be within walking distance of the station as there's precious little to do in the town (you can walk around it in an hour and be bored after 20 minutes) so you need to be able to travel out for any kind of social life.

Tapperrapper Mon 15-May-17 19:04:27

Thanks both for the info. It is good to know it is a safe area and boring is fine as far as he is concerned! He will be walking to work (Johnson Matthey) so obviously that looks doable from the town centre.

pinkpanda101 - I will email you re the flat you mentioned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now