Talk

Advanced search

Instagram/real life? (Light hearted) (but seriously)

(4 Posts)
Debunked Sun 14-May-17 21:39:46

We are about to replace our kitchen and I've been following various home design Instagram accounts to get inspiration. But when I think about putting any of those looks into my house, I feel, well.... "a bit Instagrammy". So my question is: should I decorate by copying a look I like, or do interior design shoots look silly in real life? grin

dodgydonkeysdoodah Mon 15-May-17 18:02:08

My friend's just had her kitchen done - spent tens of thousands. It's beautifully done and she's thrilled, but it's all very Instagrammy c.2015 (which is when she started planning it on Pinterest) - marble counters, navy blue cabinets, copper accents - all styles I would probably now avoid as they're filtering down to B&Q already.

Honeyandfizz Mon 15-May-17 18:37:28

Yes dark units and copper handles are all over IG aren't they? Along with painted shaker style, if you like it though go for it. I'm moving soon and have been pinning for months now, still not decided what style kitchen I want.

scissormister Mon 15-May-17 19:56:03

I know what you mean. All the pictures on Houzz etc look the same to me. I think it's the lighting. I think it's fine to get ideas but try and personalise it somehow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now