Talk

Advanced search

One bedroom with a baby

(6 Posts)
HannahGB90 Sun 14-May-17 11:20:35

Shared on another part but no replies so posting again in a new bit.

Hi, new here, soon to be sharing our bedroom with a baby! Unsure how to organise the room - it'll be a few years as we're in a one bed owned property and can't afford to move yet! How have you set it up? Pics would be great 

NapQueen Sun 14-May-17 11:26:29

But fuzzy but this was ours. Small crib from Mothercare, four cub kallax with tubs for sleepsuits and vests etc. Change mat on top. Wheelie trolley from ikea for nappies and wipes etc. Laundry basket at the end from poundland. Managed about 8 months with the set up, then had to swap the crib for a cotbed which he is still in now at 2.5 (though he moved out of our room at about 18mo). The kallax then got repurposed as toy storage, we bought a decent chest of drawers for his clothes, and the trolley was moved to the kitchen for veg and cleaning products etc.

HannahGB90 Sun 14-May-17 12:05:11

Thank you, I think a trip to IKEA is needed x

Littlecaf Sun 14-May-17 23:16:17

Newborns don't need much space so up until 6 months should be fine. My cousin did two under two in a one bed flat. After I had DS I realised she was a miracle worker.

delilabell Mon 15-May-17 09:30:23

We've still got dd on our room at 12 months. We have cotbed with baskets (from wilkos little plastic ones ) underneath for nappies wipes etc. A little plastic set of drawers for clothes from argos (ds has one for his toys) and two fabric baskets one for blankets and one for toys.
The drawers has a basket on the top for creams etc.
It's definetly manageable but storage is key

HomityBabbityPie Mon 15-May-17 09:32:13

No advice but hats off to you OP, we are in a two bed gardenless flat with a toddler and I'm climbing the walls!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now