Talk

Advanced search

Carpet advice please!

(8 Posts)
Moanyoldcow Sat 13-May-17 20:53:46

Hi! I'm someone who like colour but I'm keen for my house not to turn into a playschool so need help with a carpet colour.

I've just had my hallway painted bright green along the wall going up the stairs. All other walls are white. I am now ready to replace the hideous brown carpet but just can't see a colour that works. I've popped on a pic.

I'm thinking maybe light grey?

Thanks in advance!

onalongsabbatical Sat 13-May-17 21:04:11

Any grey would work. Personally I think a darker green would work, too, possibly a blue (not a bright one given you don't want the playschool effect!).
That green you've painted the walls is one of my favourite colours!
I love colour, the more the better. Last house I had a room that was teal, Mexican red, custard yellow, silver over-painted on some of the red, and a different blue on the paintwork. Plus pictures etc...
Then I moved into my current partner's beige and white house, and slowly, slowly... grin

Moanyoldcow Sat 13-May-17 21:21:47

That sounds gorgeous! I adore Teal. Thankfully husband on the same page!

I hadn't considered a darker green 🤔 Thanks for the input!

And thanks for the compliment- I know it's a bit much for some but I love more vibrant surroundings.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Sat 13-May-17 21:24:38

Would vote for something that isn't light, however good it looks, it just shows dirt in high-traffic areas (voice of bitter experience) grin

Poppins2016 Sat 13-May-17 21:40:26

A natural fibre carpet would look lovely (e.g. sisal/seagrass/jute).

Grey (or grey pattern) would be great too. I'd be tempted to paint the skirting a shade of grey (as the white skirting would be quite a contrast between the grey/green). Grey would look good against the white walls too.

One final option: scrap the carpet idea and paint the stairs white. The continuation of white/green contrast would look great!

eurochick Sat 13-May-17 21:43:28

I'd also go natural - sisal or a wool loop.

Moanyoldcow Sat 13-May-17 21:50:59

Ooooh! Poppins! What a great idea! Thank you. I knew MN would come to the rescue.

Moanyoldcow Sat 13-May-17 21:51:57

My brain is in overdrive now. Deffo think maybe grey woodwork might work...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now