Talk

Advanced search

blackout blinds

(4 Posts)
user1489844432 Sat 13-May-17 20:34:14

Hello

I am after some recommendations for blackout blinds but only with side tracks. I have been searching online last couple days and see lots of blackout blinds but not many with side tracks, which I need as there is a street light outside my house.

I came across BlockBlinds, which seem to fit the bill but they seem pricey so I am not sure whether they are worth their price. I also wonder if they are good alternatives out there, which would be cheaper?

Many thanks!

specialsubject Sat 13-May-17 21:22:31

Have you got curtains as well? Good thick ones with blackout linings, then add the blind in the window reveal.

Must be the proper top , not tab tops, on a proper rail, not hanging from a pole and rings. Ideally with a pelmet too.

user1489844432 Sat 13-May-17 21:40:41

No courtains ideally I would like to go with blackout blinds if possible.

specialsubject Sun 14-May-17 09:46:21

Then it will be expensive. Wilko blackouts £15, decent thick curtains from a charity shop a tenner, blackout linings the same. Pelmet (if needed) - fairly easy to knock up. Swish deluxe curtain rail about another £15. Don't use any other type, they have a stupid glider design that wrecks the curtain header tape.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now