Talk

Advanced search

Would you move or stay put?

(4 Posts)
Itchyandscratchy Sat 13-May-17 19:45:27

Been feeling a bit hemmed in and our street has been getting busier & busier car-wise. Victorian houses, semi-detached, nice area and bang next to the dd's schools and shops etc. But I've started feeling all middle-aged and garden-y; want more light and a nice view.

Therefore, as family weren't keen on moving we decided we'd build out - extend kitchen, make garden room and plans have been drawn up.

However, local builder bought house next door, did it up and we found out this week he's sold it to a housing company who have now put their maintenance team in to make it suitable for vulnerable adults and carers. I'm now worried about even more traffic, more cars coming and going with carers' shifts and families visiting. Makes me feel even more hemmed in.

Cancel the building work, stick house on market and look to move to somewhere with a drive & maybe even a view but further out? Or build, see what happens and review in a year?

3boys3dogshelp Sat 13-May-17 19:47:34

I'd move rather than invest money in a house you might leave in twelve months.

Harree Sat 13-May-17 20:20:36

Move! We lived next to a house that was geared up for the same. What a nightmare it was! Our house & theirs were detached, had big driveways & gardens. The noise from the garden was horrendous with shouting, groaning & random screams. There always seemed to be loads of cars on the road blocking our view to exit safely. Glad we were only renting & we only managed to stick it for a year.

Itchyandscratchy Sat 13-May-17 20:37:38

Yes that's what I'm worried about. Oh dear.
Think I knew this anyway but needed a reality slap check.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now