Talk

Advanced search

Flooring inspiration needed!

(5 Posts)
Drvinilo Fri 12-May-17 11:58:47

We are moving to an upside down house where living areas are on ground floor and bedrooms are on lower ground floor.

One downside to the house is that the lower ground hallway doesn't extend to back wall meaning that the only access to garden is through the master bedroom.

I can't imagine not having soft fluffy carpet in my bedroom. I'm guessing though that it wont be soft and fluffy for too long given that we'll all be traipsing in and out from the garden all over it.

So, what are my options? Floors are concrete underneath. I need something warm, comfy, cosy and mud proof!

PippaFawcett Fri 12-May-17 12:00:23

Karndean? It is supposed to be quite warm underfoot. And underfloor heating would be ace too!

Drvinilo Fri 12-May-17 15:31:00

Yeah I'm wondering about underfloor heating. Thanks for the reply. I just can't let go of carpet in bedrooms but I'm going to have to I think sad

Lucisky Fri 12-May-17 16:28:48

Could you have a luxurious fluffy rug over a hard floor? Just move it out of the way when you need to.

Drvinilo Fri 12-May-17 16:34:10

I've been wondering this Lucisky but not sure if it will just become a pain in the arse. There is access to the garden via stairs that are outside the house and then a covered walkway. It might be that we use these in the winter months and just the patio in the master in the summer. Might cut down on mud and things.

I absolutely love the house but this is bothering me more than it should!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now