Talk

Advanced search

Small kitchens - modern or not...

(4 Posts)
averythinline Thu 11-May-17 13:52:45

we will be getting a new kitchen....it will be very small -
I prefer the inframe look but the edges would do my head in (do like the 1909 shaker slab)- but also quite like flat modern scandi (like Roundhouse)
House is standard london 1902 yellow brick , will be in a flat roof extension think we are going for oversized french doors rather than bi-fold due to size (not had quote back yet so that may change) so can have a window in the kitchen (U shape'ish)

Don't want gloss (we are lazy and dh messy cook) is it better to go modern as less sticky out bits or go with shaker ish as more like character in the rest of the house..

don't like j handles as appear a crumb magnet, do the slab doors get lots of fingerprints?

room will be 2.75 x 2.75 x2 along peninsula there is an attached wall which is 1.6 and will have a separate utility

Help grin

YorkshireTea86 Thu 11-May-17 15:50:01

We are going modern matt slab (carrera range from DIY Kitchens). Didn't want gloss, I was torn between shaker or slab bur the thought of no where for crumbs and mess to get stuck on swayed me! Not sure about fingerprints though as we're still at the planning stage.

averythinline Thu 11-May-17 22:54:48

Thats nice -- very clean and amrt looking - not sure what handles though..
am a bit scared by diy kitchens seems a lot of responsibility to design my own...grin went to ikea and their units are just not a good fit size wise lots of filler panels every cm counts!

YorkshireTea86 Fri 12-May-17 07:28:43

You can go to one of the sheds and get a design done or pay an for an independent designer (like one plan) then get diy to put you a basket together based on that. Our kitchen is a bit of an awkward size and I like the choice of units.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now