Talk

Advanced search

What size vanity unit the get to fit bathroom

(9 Posts)
Summerbreeze1 Wed 10-May-17 21:22:01

Hi we are getting our bathroom done and have a gap of 75cm between the wall and door where we want to put a vanity unit and sink.
Would you get a 600 unit or 700 to fit in the space?

I'd really value your opinions.

Neolara Wed 10-May-17 21:25:41

Changingagain Wed 10-May-17 21:27:49

Is the 75 to the door, frame or architrave? I think I'd go for 600 anyway as too small a gap by a door can seem awkward as you walk into a room, and to make it easier to clean.

Indaba Wed 10-May-17 22:06:32

If overall room size get a wall hung unit: will make whole room seem
a lot bigger.

Indaba Wed 10-May-17 22:07:22

Meant to say if overall room size is small.....go wall hung for everything you can: basin, loo, cupboards etc

MissPollyPops Thu 11-May-17 17:04:57

But don't you have to build a fake wall to put the support of the wall hung vanity in?

Indaba Thu 11-May-17 17:11:52

I guess if it were just a stud wall you might have an issue but I have never had to do it:, and I have refurbed quite a few. What I did do when there were young kids in house is put thin legs hidden under the bulk of the vanity unit to give extra support. Invisible unless you got on your hands and knees and looked for them but we were worried about kids clambering on top.

Summerbreeze1 Thu 11-May-17 17:15:12

Thanks we'd considered wall hung but going for floor standing as three heavy handed men in the house lol.
The room isn't really small prob average but where we want to move the sink to the gap is 75 to the architrave. So trying to picture what would look best.

Summerbreeze1 Sat 13-May-17 20:13:06

Yay have ordered stuff today and really excited getting a new bathroom 😀😀😀 we went for the 600 in the end so really appreciate your opinions thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now