Talk

Advanced search

Will extending our property increase our profit?

(2 Posts)
audley Sun 07-May-17 20:43:04

Not sure where to go for advice. We have a property we rent out, but wonder if we'd do well to update it and sell it on, then repeat. My question is where to go for advice on likely sales price either selling as is, refurbished or extended. The estate agents seem desperate to get their hands on property to sell asap and are dismissive of other plans. I'm not sure I can trust them to give me an honest answer. The area is popular, houses don't come up for sale very often and some have been extended by the owners. Any insight welcome.

TheBatPig Sun 07-May-17 20:57:05

Have any properties in the area sold recently that you can use to compare between those that have extended and not? Good estate agents should be happy to do you an as is valuation plus be able to give a rough after estimate if you extended. Land registry shows sold prices, as will zoopla. But worth noting that you don't always get the same money out as you put in regardless of what an estate agent will tell you. Perhaps approach an agent who you haven't dealt with yet and explain to them what you require making clear you aren't happy with previous agents and the reason why...they may be more accommodating then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now