Talk

Advanced search

Traditional bathroom vanity cabinet

(17 Posts)
OutandIntoday Sun 07-May-17 20:28:23

I'm looking to do up my main downstairs bathroom. I need a lot of storage as this is where i keep and put on makeup and store medicines etc. I love the US cabinet style bathrooms like the photo but they are £££ here. Was thinking that a framed narrow kitchen unit could work ( diykitchens or the like)- has anyone done anything similar?

PigletJohn Sun 07-May-17 22:42:25

yes, you could use 300mm deep wall units. You can buy adjustable legs quite cheaply, in plastic, chrome etc, but I think you ought to use the wall hangers as well to prevent it falling over when you are washing your feet in the basin. Ordinary floor units are about 500mm deep.

You will want a very waterproof worktop that overhangs the unit to prevent drips and runs on the front.

I don't think wall units come with drawers, only cupboards. It needs skill and experience to put drawers in and get them perfectly even.

kmini Sun 07-May-17 22:49:32

We are currently trying this with diy kitchens too (just for our ensuite vanity). It won't be as flash as Burlington or Fired earth in appearance, but certainly better made than the toot we've come across by most bathroom suppliers. I find most flimsy and lacking quality fittings that you find with kitchen units. On a side note, we decided not to do this for our family bathroom and will go with a roper Rhodes vanity. Not much change out 500 for a 80 cm vanity which is really basic in terms of quality but better than some others

jojosapphire Sun 07-May-17 23:17:35

Ikea do some nice vanitys, they also offer drawers in thier 37cm deep kitchen cabinets.

LapdanceShoeshine Sun 07-May-17 23:28:40

do you need 2 basins?

OutandIntoday Mon 08-May-17 07:04:08

I had a feeling this wasn't going to be straightforward!
I'm only going to have one sink with worktop on the rest.

RandomlyGenerated Mon 08-May-17 08:17:05

Howdens do bathroom ranges which generally seem to be the wall units adapted for use as bathroom cabinetry.

link to the website.

RandomlyGenerated Mon 08-May-17 08:19:54

Howdens do a 300mm drawer unit if you download the brochure and take a look at the range of cabinets.

LapdanceShoeshine Mon 08-May-17 12:52:22

would something like this be any good?

I have a much cheaper vanity unit from here & it's well built & good quality (though the handles are rubbish, I need to replace them). They only seem to have this one in white though & it's nothing like as nice as your example.

this is the vanity units page. Might be worth talking to them?

OutandIntoday Mon 08-May-17 17:17:52

Thanks for the suggestions - it is the gitted cabinet style look that i like. I've download the Howdens bathroom brochure and they might be worth an explore. Is there anyone else like that that does fitted units, rather than a unit below the basin?

mumseymum1983 Mon 22-May-17 21:04:40

We just had our bathroom done and got some great Utopia Vanity units from a bathroom showroom in Leeds I think they deliver all over. www.dougcleghorn.co.uk

OutandIntoday Mon 22-May-17 21:07:09

Oh thanks will take a look- too much Houzzing has ruined me!

SpearmintTea Fri 26-May-17 09:43:37

I'm going through the same thing. How about www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/1000mm-minimalist-high-gloss-white-vanity-unit

mollyminniemo Fri 26-May-17 11:14:18

www.bathroomvanitycompany.co.uk/

loveka Fri 26-May-17 11:19:48

Have a look on baths and more website. We have a lovely one from there. Solid wood and only 300quid.

Have a look on eBay too. There are quite a few one man bands who make stuff like in your picture, imitation Fired Earth and lots look very nice !

SpearmintTea Fri 26-May-17 15:12:51

soak.com/bathroom-furniture/bathroom-furniture-store-f23820657.htm#esp_cf=Style&esp_filter_Style=Traditional

Allthebestnamesareused Fri 26-May-17 15:21:36

This is my one

www.neptune.com/furniture/bathroom/washstands/painted-undermount-washstands/chichester-undermount

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now