Talk

Advanced search

Anyone with a DIY kitchen able to answer a question for me please?

(6 Posts)
goingcrazymakingadecision Sat 06-May-17 15:53:38

I'm buying a kitchen from DIY kitchens (stanbury in hague blue) but I just don't know what cabinet colour to choose!!

They suggest lancaster oak I think as a nice colour, but I am assuming that the draws will not be in that material?

Is anyone with a DIY kitchen able to tell me what colour the drawers are on them (not the sides, those are metal, but the actual surface of the drawer that you put things on).

Also, anyone chosen lancaster oak and really happy with it? Or light grey maybe (is that more modern looking)?

I realise I'm getting myself worked up over a really minor detail, but I've only got til midnight tomorrow to decide and I don't want to get it wrong !!!

thanks

NotMeNoNo Sat 06-May-17 17:09:01

Base of the standard drawers is light grey. We have oak effect MFC cabinets and real oak dovetail drawer boxes from Probox. You kinda have to throw away the metal drawers but is still cheaper than entire bespoke kitchen!

NotMeNoNo Sat 06-May-17 17:09:56

I meant to say the light oak looks good with a painted kitchen too.

goingcrazymakingadecision Mon 08-May-17 08:00:27

Thank you NotMeNoNo, decided on light grey in the end so our drawers and cabinets will match (or as near as). Your kitchen sounds amazing!! Love the idea of the proper oak drawers, you must really love it!

Anyway, thanks for your advice!! My kitchen arrives in two weeks, I can't wait grin

Equimum Mon 08-May-17 18:28:30

Light grey in ours too

HomeExtender Tue 09-May-17 11:49:47

I'm considering DIY too. Anyone got a pic to share? Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now